Everything is very exciting in our house right now!!!!
The kids are bouncing off the walls and are so excited for Santa to come. They are finally old enough to realize what all the excitement is for!!!! Every day Jenny asks me if it is Christmas and I have to tell her how many days are left. Today I realized that you can almost count the days on your fingers. It has come so fast this year! Derek seems to think that last year was our last year for sleeping in, but we will see how it goes. I still have hope :)
Me and Derek have finally made all of the visits to Santa aka online shopping and are ready to go! We feel very lucky that we were able to get it done so fast! Usually we are shopping the day before Christmas! Now hopefully the airports will not close down with all of these huge storms :)
We have decorated the Christmas tree and have made cookies and cakes. We are going to give fudge making and gingerbread houses a try this weekend. We will see how it turns out!!!
But most importantly, we have a secret mission this Christmas. I am so excited and I hope that the kids will really see what the true meaning of Christmas is. Not only is Christmas about fun with presents and Santa, it is also a time for giving and for spreading love to others. We are so thankful for our Savior and for all that He did for us. He is such a wonderful example to follow. There are so many people in need this Christmas and every little bit that you can do helps them so much. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that you challenge yourself to see what you can do to follow the example of our Savior.
We love you all! Merry Christmas!!!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment